New York will pay $3.5 million to a mother whose son died when two prison aides violently restrained him at the former Tryon Boys Residential Center in Fulton County, NY in 2006.
SEE ALSO: Teen Commits Suicide By Piranha
According to the lawsuit, Darryl Thompson stopped breathing and died shortly after prison workers failed to respond to his pleas for help.
The agreement, approved last week by a U.S. District Judge, awards 2.28 million to Anntwanisha Thompson after legal fees for the death of her son.
“There’s no amount of money that is going to compensate for this boy’s life,” the family’s attorney, E. Robert Keach III, told theGrio.
Read more at the Grio.
Hundreds Of American Troops’ Ashes Dumped In Landfill
Sandusky Accuser: “I Screamed For Help From His Wife”
Also On WTPS 1240 AM:
Favorite TV Dads!
8 photos Launch gallery
1. Bernie Mac of The Bernie Mac Show
1 of 8
2. Uncle Phil of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air
2 of 8
3. James Evans Sr. of Good Times
3 of 8
4. Bill Cosby of The Cosby Show
4 of 8
5. Rev Run of Rev Run’s House
5 of 8
6. George Jefferson of The Jeffersons
6 of 8
7. Carl Winslow of Family Matters
7 of 8
8. Michael of My Wife And Kids
8 of 8